At Scale, our mission is to accelerate the development of Machine Learning and AI applications across multiple markets. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include Alphabet (Google), Waymo, Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more.
About the role
Scale is looking for an experienced Sales Manager to grow our presence & momentum with ML / AI companies. We already have strong traction in the autonomous vehicle space, but are also gaining momentum in a variety of other computer vision industry verticals (robotics, drones, etc.). The Sales Manager (Enterprise, Mid-Market) is an adept salesperson and leader, capable of engaging technical and business leadership (CEO, CTO, VP Eng., VP Ops) at both emerging startups and established companies that have strong use cases for Scale's labeling products & services. The right individual will also have experience building and leading sales / success teams, thrive in extremely fast-paced environments, and have strong bias toward actions that add value for our customers and business. If you enjoy developing nascent GTM models, learning about new & evolving technologies, and building strong teams & relationships, we'd love to hear from you!
Ideally you’d have:
- Build the sales team: hire & manage a team of reps focused on serving our growing Enterprise & Mid-Market customer base
- Be a player coach: own & drive the full sales cycle with your team — from prospect, to pilots, to negotiations and deal execution — for mid-market and enterprise companies with deal sizes exceeding $100k
- Expand the business: partner with Scale business, product, and engineering leadership to help develop and execute on new verticals and new use cases
- Develop the playbook: tailor Scale's GTM strategies & tactics for Enterprise and Mid-Market customers to ensure success
Nice to haves:
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- 5+ experience in sales, preferably at an API or enterprise software company
- 3+ years closing annual contracts of at least $100k / year, and handling yearly quotas of $1mm+
- 2+ years experience managing teams with proven track record of success
- Strong technical background, ideally as a sales engineer or some technical educational program
- Ability to understand the Scale API and build great relationships with highly technical customers
- Ability to identify high-probability customers and high-value verticals to go after
- Proven negotiation and closing skills
- Prior experience at a fast-paced startup and able to work well in unstructured environments
- Prior experience at an API technology company
Scale is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.