Scale is hiring Product Designers to lead our 3D and Natural Language (NLP) product verticals. Our suite of applications is used by our decentralized tasker teams to annotate training data that teaches customers’ machine learning models how to function.
You will drive the design vision for these interactive tools, making them more intuitive and powerful while employing cutting-edge AI active learning workflows.
You will be the key advocate for providing a great experience and supporting the livelihood of thousands of independent labelers around the world. As such, our Product Designer role is extremely cross-functional, touching everything from tooling design to operational dashboards.
There are only a handful of designers working in AI, so you will have an outsized influence defining how to sustainably democratize machine learning and empower all people in the ecosystem.
- Design user flows with our 3D or Natural Language teams to make labeling applications more intuitive and invent new product opportunities
- Partner with Product Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists, and Operations team members to solve product and business challenges
- Advocate for the voice of the user as the sole design representative on each application team
- Effectively prioritize and execute work given rapid timelines and high amounts of ambiguity
- Contribute to the evolution of our company-wide design system and interaction patterns
- Experience leading end-to-end UI / UX projects and shipping digital products at scale
- Initiative to proactively identify problems and rally support for proposed solutions
- Proficiency in UI design tools (e.g., Figma, Sketch) and prototyping tools (e.g., Principle, Origami Studio)
- Expertise with interactive design tools, data visualization, 3D or 2D graphics applications (for 3D team), and language or writing applications (for NLP team)
- Background using user research and data insights to inform design iterations
- Understanding of front-end development processes for web interfaces
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Portfolio of product design projects that highlight your diversity of skills
- Exposure to artificial intelligence, machine learning, and other technical concepts
- Experience with internationalization and designing for global audiences
At Scale, our mission is to accelerate the development of Machine Learning and AI applications across multiple markets. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include Alphabet (Google), Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more
Scale is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.