At Scale, our mission is to accelerate the development of Machine Learning and AI applications across multiple markets. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include Alphabet (Google), Waymo, Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more.
About the role
Scale's customer base is growing exponentially, and you will be on the front lines of ensuring that these customers become passionate, lifelong Scale users. As a member of our Customer Operations team, you own the account plan, manage day to day execution for customers and ensure an incredible customer experience. You are the ultimate all-rounder, triaging customer issues and support, using data and analytics to align internal resources around a successful customer experience, while also being the main contact and advocate for customers' senior executives and engineering teams. Your bias towards finding not just one-off solutions, but repeatable and scalable ways to ensure we continually deliver on SLAs. You have a track record of managing customers to renewal and supporting sales teams managing upsells. And you are naturally empathetic and excel at building long-term relationships through diligent problem solving and thoughtful, strategic discussions.
Ideally you'd have:
- Manage customer relationships from the executive to the front-line, including planning and executing operational and quarterly business reviews
- Oversee on-boarding and successful implementation for all new accounts
- Develop and manage all aspects of the customer experience, including SLA achievement and account plans
- Manage the long-term health of the customer base by identifying and preempting areas of risk or concern
- Strategically identify ways we can make customer success repeatable and solve issues for future customers
- Partner with clients to understand operational issues and advocate for their fixes with Scale engineers
- Work directly with customer's engineering teams, answering questions and addressing issues with use of our API
Nice to haves:
- 6+ years of experience in a customer facing role, with experience in a customer-facing technical program management role in industry or professional services.
- Experience leading cross-functional project teams
- A proven track record in B2B client facing roles and expanding client relationships
- A technical background (education or professional experience with CS, Economic, Statistics, Engineering)
- Ability to understand the Scale API and build great relationships with technical customers
- Great cross-functional experience and collaborative ability
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- A track record of structured, analytics-driven problem solving
- A history of diligence and organization across multiple work streams
- Prior experience at an API technology company and / or managing technical customers using an API
Scale is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.