At Scale, our mission is to accelerate the development of Machine Learning and AI applications across multiple markets. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include Alphabet (Google), Waymo, Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more
About the role
Scale AI is looking for an experienced head of analytics who will grow and develop a talented team of analysts and data scientists. As an expert in the domain, you'll be a critical partner to teams at Scale who rely heavily on analytics and data science to drive their decisions. As our first analytics leader, you have the opportunity to build best practices and processes while developing the culture of your team.
Ideally you’d have:
- Lead the development of analytics and reporting at Scale in collaboration with engineering and operations
- Grow a strong team of data analysts and data scientists to work closely with other teams to identify—and answer—important questions, define key metrics, and build intuitive visualizations and insightful models
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, and develop relationships across the company, particularly with Supply Operations, Product, Finance, Data Engineering, and Machine Learning.
- Partner with leadership to develop and track company-wide KPIs for use in planning, monitoring, and decision-making
- Work with engineering to identify opportunities to capture and log key data points, and develop process and structure to maintain the integrity of those data
- Inculcate best practices, mentor your team, and build a strong culture to ensure that all of Scale benefits from best-in-class analytical support
- Expert-level familiarity with reporting and visualization platforms (e.g. Tableau, Mode)
- SQL expertise beyond querying: query optimization, schema design, and ETL maintenance
- Familiarity with scripting for data mining and modeling (R, Python)
- Strong communication skills: the ability to share complex analytical insights succinctly and clearly
- The ability to project- and team-manage in a rapidly growing startup environment
- Proven success as an analytical leader, with experience managing and coaching teams
Scale is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.