At Scale, our mission is to accelerate the development of Machine Learning and AI applications across multiple markets. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include Alphabet (Google), Waymo, Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more.
About the role
Scale is hiring a Product Designer to join our Application team. This team builds interactive tools used by customers and our decentralized tasker team to annotate and manage AI training data. Contribute to the core differentiating factor of Scale - our suite of intuitive 2D/3D Computer Vision and Natural Language Processing applications powered by cutting-edge ML active learning workflows.
This role is extremely cross-functional, touching everything from 3D applications to operations management. There are only a handful of designers working in AI, so you will have a massive influence defining how to sustainably democratize machine learning and empower all people in the ecosystem.
- Design user flows and interactions with our Application team including
- Partner with Product Managers, Engineers, Data Scientists, UX Writers, and other Designers to solve product and business challenges
- Contribute to the evolution of our company-wide design system and interaction patterns
- Effectively prioritize and execute given rapid timelines and high amounts of ambiguity
- Experience leading end-to-end UI / UX design projects and shipping products at scale
- Exposure to design tools, 3D applications, and data visualization
- Initiative to proactively identify problems and rally support for proposed solutions
- Proficiency in UI design tools (e.g., Figma, Sketch) and prototyping tools (e.g., Principle, Origami Studio)
- Background using data and user research to inform design iterations
- Understanding of front-end development processes for 3D and web interfaces
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Portfolio of product design projects that highlight your skills
- Exposure to artificial intelligence, machine learning, and other technical concepts
- Experience with internationalization and designing for targeted global audiences
Scale is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.