At Scale, our mission is to accelerate the development of Machine Learning and AI applications across multiple markets. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include Alphabet (Google), Waymo, Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more
About the role
Our engineering team is growing fast as we are working on many new products, features, and enhancements. The goal of the program manager is to bring clarity into the processes of planning, scoping, execution and delivery of the final results. You would play a critical role in the engineering development process understanding technical dependencies, following customer requirements, and providing visibility into the state of execution. This role involves working closely with product and engineering management to make sure phases of this process are well defined and clearly understood. You will also provide clear visibility into the state of execution to other stakeholders, such as finance, legal, customer success, and sales.
Ideally you'd have:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Engineering Managers, Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers to define short term objectives and longer term roadmaps
- Organize planning efforts and ensure well-scoped projects
- Maintain structure of feature dependencies and milestones of execution
- Assist with resource planning, deriving delivery time schedules, and qualifying risks
- Ensure technical specifications are present at planning and customer facing documentation is present at delivery
- Monitor and report progress of product development
- Partner with business partners and vendors
- BS/BA or a higher degree in a technical field (CS, EE, other types of engineering)
- 2+ years of proven success in project management or other technical management roles
- Understanding of software development process, planning and risks
- Strong technical (written and verbal) communication, prioritization, and time management skills
- Self-starter, willing to be challenged with new responsibilities, and high attention to details
- An aptitude for learning more about field of machine learning and data processing
Scale is a rapidly growing post-Series B startup. Our mission is to accelerate the development of AI applications. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include Alphabet (Google), Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more, and we've become an industry standard for the self-driving car market.
Scale is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.