As an Applied Research Scientist, you will:
At Scale, our mission is to accelerate the development of Machine Learning and AI applications across multiple markets. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include Alphabet (Google), Waymo, Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more
About the Role
The goal of the ML team at Scale is to develop machine learning solutions advancing the company mission. Our current focus areas are Computer Vision ( 2D/3D detection, 2D/3D segmentation, object tracking), Machine Learning (e.g. semi-supervised learning, active learning) and Natural Language Processing.
We are building a large hybrid human-machine system in service of ML pipelines for dozens of industry-leading customers. We currently complete millions of tasks a month, and will grow to complete billions of tasks monthly.
- Research and develop machine learning solutions to assist humans in the loop.
- Aid in the creation of high quality ground truth data with speed and accuracy.
- Engage with the international research community by publishing research papers and attend academic conferences.
- PhD degree in a machine learning related discipline or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in one or more of the following: Computer Vision, Deep Learning and Deep Reinforcement Learning, Natural Language Processing
- Strong programming skills in Python, experience in Tensorflow or PyTorch
- Experience in data structures and algorithms is a plus
Scale is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.