We are looking for an experienced Strategic Finance professional from a top-tier investment bank or a high-growth technology company to help drive the financial strategy, planning, and operations at our rapidly growing company. The right individual will combine data-driven analytical insights and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for Scale, and work closely with teams & executive leadership across the company.
As part of the Strategic Finance team, you will bring a strong analytical background to influence every facet of the business. You will maintain and enhance financial models, help drive quarterly & annual planning processes, create detailed analyses to inform key business decisions, define and track key performance metrics for the company, and act as a strategic partner to our Product and Business teams. You’ll focus real-time on high-priority business issues and see your insights turned into impactful initiatives on a regular basis. The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, experience in data-driven decision making, and familiarity with basic financial concepts. We hope you'll join us!
Ideally you’d have:
- Manage and enhance various financial models
- Help drive the annual & quarterly business planning processes
- Develop and standardize monthly and quarterly reporting to educate and influence key stakeholders
- Understand and analyze the levers that drive the company’s long-term financial trajectory
- Analyze Scale's unit economics and understand levers that drive margins
- Explore data to find actionable insights and make product & business recommendations through funnels, cohort analyses, long-term trends, user segmentation, regression models, and more
- Help define, track, and report key metrics for the company (e.g., OKR's)
- Work with management team on fundraising and investor relations activities
Nice to haves:
- 2+ years of experience in investment banking at a top-tier firm and 2+ years of experience in finance-related functions, preferably for a technology company
- Strong analytical skills, with experience solving ambiguous problems using data and providing practical business recommendations
- Strong interpersonal skills, working with executive leadership and cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated success presenting complex data (qualitative and quantitative) in a clear and compelling manner that inspires action
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver results in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Fluency in SQL, as well as a deep understanding of statistical analysis and common pitfalls of data analysis
- Prior experience using Netsuite
- Degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Finance or other quantitative fields is a plus
At Scale, our mission is to accelerate the development of Machine Learning and AI applications across multiple markets. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include Alphabet (Google), Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more
Scale is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.