At Scale, our mission is to accelerate the development of Machine Learning and AI applications across multiple markets. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include Alphabet (Google), Waymo, Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more
About the role
Scale AI is seeking a highly motivated operational accounting specialist that is responsible for the day-to-day administration of all payroll functions through its payroll process and system for both domestic and international employees.
This role will report to the Controller and partner closely with the Finance and People teams to help elevate the company and establish new workflows that will contribute to the company’s success. You will ensure a world class service to our employees with the highest level of accuracy, and make efficiency improvements by implementing process and systems changes.
Our ideal candidate has the highest moral standards and are experienced in handling highly confidential information. You are a dedicated team player, self-motivated, extremely organized, and detail-oriented. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are excited to collaborate with cross-functional teams and prioritize projects.
Ideally you’d have:
- Accurately process payrolls for all employees in both domestic and international includes bonus and commission payout as needed
- Partner with People teams to ensure accurate information are enter into our HRIS system that will feed over into our Payroll system, employee reimbursement system, and travel platform
- Reconcile payroll to general ledger and bank statement prior to posting payroll journal entries in accordance with month-end procedures and deadlines
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll requirements and timely completion and issuance of annual W-2’s
- Assist Controller with payroll audits as assigned
- Lead the effort in implementing a scalable payroll process for both US and globally as the company scales
Nice to haves:
- Payroll processing experience in both US and international for exempt and nonexempt employees
- Highly analytical with working knowledge of general payroll protocols, accounting principles and Federal and State regulations
- Advanced level experience with Excel
- Working knowledge of procure to pay, month-end payroll procedures, and payroll audit
- Highest moral standards and safekeeping of confidential information
- Big four accounting firm experience
- Experience with some sort of payroll system such as Gusto, ADP, etc.
Scale is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.