Scale AI is seeking a highly motivated Senior Accountant to play an integral part in accounting close, technical accounting, financial reporting, and operations. As the member of the accounting team, you’ll work directly with the Controller to prepare financial statements, manage revenue and cost of sales, reconcile transactions, maintain the general ledger, and manage international accounting. You must have the ability to think high level about processes and procedures but not be afraid to roll up your sleeves that will contribute to the company’s success.
Our ideal candidate has the highest moral standards and are experienced in handling highly confidential information. You are a dedicated team player, self-motivated, extremely organized, and detail oriented. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are excited to collaborate with cross-functional teams and prioritize projects.
Ideally you’d have:
- Analyze revenue, cost of sales, and other technical areas for proper accounting
- Prepare month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules
- Assist with accruals, fixed assets, prepaids, and other close areas
- Participate in the preparation of financials, footnotes and other schedules
- Assist with invoices, expenses, payroll, and credit card transactions
- Provide supporting documents for audit and quarterly reviews
- Evaluate and document processes and implement process improvements
- Provide management monthly reporting and analysis
Nice to haves:
- Highly analytical with knowledge of accounting principles
- Excellent organizational skills and able to handle multiple priorities within deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills and high level of attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highest moral standards and safekeeping of confidential information
- Must have proficient knowledge of Excel
- Passion for Scale AI, Inc and the AI/ML industry
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA is a plus
- Minimum 3+ years of experience, mix of public accounting and startup experience
- Experience with QuickBooks, NetSuite, Bill.com, Expensify
At Scale, our mission is to accelerate the development of Machine Learning and AI applications across multiple markets. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include OpenAI, Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more
Scale is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.