We are building the Strategic Finance team to help make data-driven and financially sound decisions for Scale. The Strategic Finance team is responsible for improving strategic, financial and operational decisions by partnering with the leadership team in making critical decisions across Scale.
We are looking for analytical, driven individuals to join our Strategic Finance team. The team is responsible for owning the company’s budget, help drive quarterly and annual planning processes, allocating and deploying company’s resources efficiently, and performing financial analyses in partnership with all departments across the company. You will have a unique opportunity to work closely with department heads on real-time high-priority business issues and use quantitative insights to drive better decision-making across Scale. The ideal candidate will not only have the technical skills to support their recommendations, but also strong interpersonal skills to manage various stakeholders. We hope you'll join us!
Ideally you'd have:
- Lead the budgeting, financial forecasting, and operating planning processes at Scale in partnership with the Head of Strategic Finance
- Own and evolve revenue model to include tracking for company’s KPIs and drivers in partnership with the Go-To-Market teams
- Complete key business analysis projects that have financial benefits to Scale, such as customer lifetime value (LTV), customer acquisition cost (CAC) and payback period across multiple product investments
- Partner closely with the accounting team during the month-end close process to ensure accurate general ledger and company-wide financial statement reporting
- Perform a weekly and monthly performance review of Scale’s financial statements by analyzing variances to operating plan
- Help grow the team’s impact by partnering with Scale’s department heads to respond to internal customer needs
Nice to haves:
- 5+ years of financial analysis experience working directly in a Corporate Finance and FP&A role
- Experience working with Sales, Marketing and Sales Operations teams
- Demonstrated excellent project management skills, ability to manage and manipulate large data sets, critically analyze existing processes, and identify opportunities for process improvement
- Strong knowledge of Google Suite, MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); expert Excel modeling skills
- A Bachelor’s degree with a major in finance and/or accounting
- Experience in SQL and Business Intelligence tools a plus
- 2 years of experience in a highly strategic, analytical and operational role within a rapidly growing company
- Experience in banking
At Scale, our mission is to accelerate the development of Machine Learning and AI applications across multiple markets. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include OpenAI, Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more.
Scale AI is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Scale AI is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected]. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.