At Scale, our mission is to accelerate the development of Machine Learning and AI applications across multiple markets. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include Alphabet (Google), Waymo, Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more.
About the role
Scale is at the forefront of enabling Machine Learning across multiple industries including self driving cars. As one of Scale's Operations product managers, you'll be designing and building new solutions, tools, and processes to solve new problems that arise as we grow. We are growing operations rapidly and on-boarding new customers and launching products all the time. This raises new strategic questions we need to answer as well as tactical challenges we need to overcome.
You will be part of a team of cross functional communicators and collaborators who will shape our operations products and solutions. You are relentless in driving stellar product and process designs, running pilots, tests, and experiments, then hand over new designs to a team of skilled operators.
The blend of strategy, implementation, and design make this a unique and exciting role that will provide an opportunity to work with multiple teams (e.g., Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Analytics, and several others) across the company and around the globe.
The ideal candidate is scrappy, analytical, outcome focused, and above all a leader who gets and inspires results.
Ideally you’d have:
- Build & Iterate: Design new processes and tools and drive their implementation across the organization within the US and globally. Collaborate with stakeholders to improve processes for new and existing customers.
- Analyze & Experiment: Use quantitative experimentation to derive result-oriented actions for user acquisition, retention, experience, and performance.
- Plan & Strategize: Problem solve some of our most pressing strategic operations challenges.
- Work cross-functionally: Partner with Product teams to drive step-function changes in how we can scale operations. Build, maintain, and regularly communicate detailed reporting for other leaders across the company who will use your team's data to inform their own operations and strategy.
- 4+ years of industry experience in an operational role and/or 2+ years in a top tier consulting firm.
- An undergraduate from a top university in an analytics heavy major (e.g., Engineering or Economics) and/or a graduate degree from a top university in Engineering, Economics, or Business.
- Experience leading and influencing without authority.
- An entrepreneurial mindset that balances creative problem solving with the desire to run through walls to deliver outcomes.
- Analytical, planning, and process building capability.
Scale is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.