Scale is looking for an experienced Federal EPD lead to drive the development of innovative new products within our federal space. You will work cross-functionally with engineering, design, sales, marketing, customer success, and operations to take products from pain point to fully-deployed solution, and coordinate with company leadership on roadmap strategy & priorities. You will be responsible for driving roadmap definition, and execution; using both qualitative customer & Scaler feedback and quantitative metrics & KPI's to guide decisions and measure success.
The ideal candidate is someone who can hands-on lead the federal EPD team to solve customer pain points through creating federal specific products and using our commercial product development. They should create a team culture of amplifying Scale and create strong advocates within the peer teams. They should have experience leading a high performance engineering team; identifying what the company needs and with achieving outcomes which combine to push the company forward. They should have deep familiarity with the federal world and be able to clearly articulate gaps and a product strategy to fill them.
Day to day:
- 40% technical execution/coordination, resolution of execution issues
- 20% strategic product planning
- 20% technical product planning, design, and coding
- 20% Managing of IC’s within the team
- Set the direction of your team; anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges via thoughtful planning, both from a personnel and technical standpoint
- Converting customer conversations into actionable product strategy
- High quality execution. Responsible for accelerating velocity for our federal org
- Technically impressive, breaks down product strategy and customer asks into correct technical building blocks, mentors the team’s technical output and calls BS.
- Working with the cross functional roles (BDM/EPM/Supply/Ops)
- Unblocking and pushing the team to hit deadlines
- Comfortable with navigating hard-to-follow (or non-existent) processes and comfortable identifying processes which aren't working and changing them
- Uses data for decision making
- Growing the team/setting up for success
- Adept at navigating different contacts to help provide clarity in priorities and execution scope
- Fosters a collaborative, ambitious, and outcome-driven culture that embodies our values.
- Partner with our People team to attract and engage top talent
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members
Ideally you'd have:
- TS Clearance minimum, ideally TS/SCI
- 5+ years track record in engineering management and leadership positions
- Track record of product development in the federal environment. Candidates should be able to cite products in production that they developed and rolled out.
- Deep familiarity with the federal space and ideally, prior military or USG service
- Experience building products with some AI/ML components
- Ability to commute into one of our hubs in Washington, DC or San Francisco, CA
The base salary range for this full-time position in our hub locations of San Francisco, New York, Seattle, and Washington, DC is $249,600.00 - $312,000.00. Compensation packages at Scale include base salary, equity, and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position, determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, interview performance, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.Scale employees are also granted Stock Options that are awarded upon board of director approval. You’ll also receive benefits including, but not limited to: Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, a learning and development stipend, and generous PTO. Additionally, this role may be eligible for additional benefits such as a commuter stipend.
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how organizations build and deploy AI. Our products power the world's most advanced LLMs, generative models, and computer vision models. We are trusted by generative AI companies such as OpenAI, Meta, and Microsoft, government agencies like the U.S. Army and U.S. Air Force, and enterprises including GM and Accenture. We are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an affirmative action employer and inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's Know Your Rights poster for additional information.
We comply with the United States Department of Labor's Pay Transparency provision.
PLEASE NOTE: We collect, retain and use personal data for our professional business purposes, including notifying you of job opportunities that may be of interest and sharing with our affiliates. We limit the personal data we collect to that which we believe is appropriate and necessary to manage applicants’ needs, provide our services, and comply with applicable laws. Any information we collect in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our internal policies and programs designed to protect personal data.