Performant model code, high quality data, and robust evaluation methods form the foundation of an AI system. Scale’s leading end-to-end solutions for the ML lifecycle based on real-world data will continue to set the bar for the data-centric AI movement. Scale’s Generative AI team focuses on building models to accelerate AI adoption for some of the largest companies in the world.
Your focus will be on developing Models as a Service using a variety of Machine Learning techniques. You will be involved end-to-end from coordinating with operations to create high quality datasets to productionizing models for our customers. If you are excited about shaping the future of the data-centric AI movement, we would love to hear from you!
- Apply state of the art models, developed both internally and from the community, in production to solve problems for our customers and data labelers.
- Work with product and research teams to identify opportunities for ongoing and upcoming services.
- Explore approaches that integrate human feedback and assisted evaluation into existing product lines.
- Work closely with customers - some of the most sophisticated ML organizations in the world - to quickly prototype and build new deep learning models targeted at multi-modal content understanding problems.
Ideally you’d have:
- At least 3 to 5 years of model training, deployment and maintenance experience in a production environment
- Strong skills in NLP, LLM and deep learning
- Solid background in algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented programming
- Experience working with cloud technology stack (eg. AWS or GCP) and developing machine learning models in a cloud environment
Nice to haves:
- Experience in dealing with large scale AI problems, ideally in the generative-AI field
- Demonstrated expertise in large vision-language models for diverse real-world applications, e.g. classification, detection, question-answering, etc.
- Published research in areas of machine learning at major conferences (NeurIPS, ICML, EMNLP, CVPR, etc.) and/or journals
- Strong high-level programming skills (e.g., Python), frameworks and tools such as DeepSpeed, Pytorch lightning, kuberflow, TensorFlow, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to operate in a cross functional team environment
The base salary range for this full-time position in our hub locations of San Francisco, New York, or Seattle, is $176,000 - $240,960. Compensation packages at Scale include base salary, equity, and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position, determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, interview performance, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Scale employees are also granted Stock Options that are awarded upon board of director approval. You’ll also receive benefits including, but not limited to: Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, a learning and development stipend, and generous PTO. Additionally, this role may be eligible for additional benefits such as a commuter stipend.
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how organizations build and deploy AI. Our products power the world's most advanced LLMs, generative models, and computer vision models. We are trusted by generative AI companies such as OpenAI, Meta, and Microsoft, government agencies like the U.S. Army and U.S. Air Force, and enterprises including GM and Accenture. We are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an affirmative action employer and inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. Please see the United States Department of Labor's Know Your Rights poster for additional information.
We comply with the United States Department of Labor's Pay Transparency provision.
PLEASE NOTE: We collect, retain and use personal data for our professional business purposes, including notifying you of job opportunities that may be of interest and sharing with our affiliates. We limit the personal data we collect to that which we believe is appropriate and necessary to manage applicants’ needs, provide our services, and comply with applicable laws. Any information we collect in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our internal policies and programs designed to protect personal data.