At Scale, we believe that AI will dramatically improve the world, and our mission is to accelerate the development of AI. To help achieve this mission, we are looking for an HR Business Partner to partner with our Public Sector team. Our Public Sector team is responsible for delivering AI/ML solutions to customers in the Federal Government.
Scale is growing rapidly, and we believe that a strong HR business partnership team will be critical to our success. This is an excellent opportunity to create strategy and partner with business leaders at a hyper-growth startup.
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor, a competent, knowledgeable, trusted, reliable partner for both our leaders and employees in our Public Sector organization
- Partner with functional leaders across the company to understand and conceptualize their specific business, organizational and people opportunities. Support them with insights and recommendations in the people space using an analytical and fact-based approach. Plan, drive, execute and monitor the effectiveness of these solutions
- Own the entire employee lifecycle for the Public Sector function. Execute HR programs for your organization flawlessly with pride in our customer-service approach to People programs
Ideally you'd have:
- 8-10+ years of experience as an HR Business Partner at a tech company
- Strong emotional intelligence and ability to relate and empathize with people from different backgrounds
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, iterative environment. Open to changes in focus and direction as the business requires
- Ability to quickly establish rapport with different personalities and build trust-based relationships with leaders and employees across an organization
- Experience supporting a workforce across a variety of different geographies and job functions
- Ability to work onsite two days a week in our DC office
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience supporting teams delivering solutions to public sector clients
- Security Clearance / Clearance Eligible
The base salary range for this full-time position in Washington DC is $151,200-181,400. Compensation packages at Scale include base salary, equity, and benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position, determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, interview performance, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Scale employees are also granted Stock Options that are awarded upon board of director approval. You’ll also receive benefits including, but not limited to: Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, a learning and development stipend, and generous PTO. Additionally, this role may be eligible for additional benefits such as a commuter stipend.
At Scale, we believe that the transition from traditional software to AI is one of the most important shifts of our time. Our mission is to make that happen faster across every industry, and our team is transforming how organizations build and deploy AI. Our products power the world's most advanced LLMs, generative models, and computer vision models. We are trusted by generative AI companies such as OpenAI, Meta, and Microsoft, government agencies like the U.S. Army and U.S. Air Force, and enterprises including GM and Accenture. We are expanding our team to accelerate the development of AI applications.
We believe that everyone should be able to bring their whole selves to work, which is why we are proud to be an affirmative action employer and inclusive and equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability status, gender identity or Veteran status.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please see the United States Department of Labor's Know Your Rights poster for additional information.
We comply with the United States Department of Labor's Pay Transparency provision.
PLEASE NOTE: We collect, retain and use personal data for our professional business purposes, including notifying you of job opportunities that may be of interest and sharing with our affiliates. We limit the personal data we collect to that which we believe is appropriate and necessary to manage applicants’ needs, provide our services, and comply with applicable laws. Any information we collect in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our internal policies and programs designed to protect personal data.