At Scale, our mission is to accelerate the development of Machine Learning and AI applications. Our first product is a suite of APIs that allow AI teams to generate high-quality ground truth data. Our customers include Alphabet (Google), Zoox, Lyft, Pinterest, Airbnb, nuTonomy, and many more.
About the role:
You will drive the CEO’s most critical initiatives with thoughtfulness, efficiency, and speed while maintaining the operational rhythm of the business. You will own our high-level strategy and planning execution. You will drive cross-functional communication and alignment. You will network with executives at the highest levels of the machine learning and artificial intelligence space, and help drive our business relationships by cultivating our CEO’s meeting schedule with customers, partners, and investors. You will join a creative and solutions-oriented team. We are looking for relentlessly curious, deliberately open-minded, action-oriented, and charismatic generalists who can drive both internal and external initiatives and special projects.
Ideally you’d have:
- Act as an extension of the CEO, attending key meetings and calls on the CEO’s behalf, supporting client development, external presentations, internal problem solving, and special projects
- Drive alignment around goal setting and strategy, forming plans with clear objectives and asks, executing and monitoring progress
- Drive prioritization discussions to ensure the Exec team is making informed, aligned decisions and commitments
- Drive internal communication and alignment, ensuring that company objectives, goals, all-hands, and other communications meet our high bar
- Partner within and outside the Exec team to lead complex initiatives, leading at a strategic and tactical level to drive results
- Own special projects and initiatives until they are large enough to stand on their own
- Report to the CEO
Nice to haves:
- Resourceful and strategic thinker with strong emotional intelligence, operational rigor, and project management capabilities
- Technical chops and curiosity that help you have informed conversations about leading edge machine learning and artificial intelligence applications
- Fluent communication skills, both written and verbal; an ability to influence people across multiple levels and multiple functions of an organization, both internal and external
- Entrepreneurial drive, with a high tolerance for ambiguity and complexity
- Prior experience driving strategic planning
- A sounding board with a direct communication style
- Humble, dig-in, and deliver approach with strong executive presence
- 2-4+ years of experience in product management, venture capital, corporate development, or start-ups
- An undergraduate degree in engineering or computer science
- A masters of business administration, or other advanced degree
- Start-up founder experience
Scale is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every person at Scale to feel like they matter, belong, and can be their authentic selves so they can do their best work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.